This programme is designed to equip participants with skills and knowledge to use the telephone effectively whilst maintaining the professional image of the organisation when dealing with angry or aggressive callers.
This course is ideal for you if:
You recognise the importance of good telephone communication skills in creating the right impression for your business and/or you or your staff have to deal with customers over the telephone who can sometimes be hostile or abusive
In just half a day you will learn:
- Telephone ettiquette – how to answer the telephone promptly and professionally.
- Ways to manage incoming calls and how to make effective use of interpersonal skills on the phone including
- Voice control
- Listening skills
- Getting into the shoes of your caller, building rapport and empathy
- Meeting and exceeding expectations
- Getting to the facts through careful questioning
- Active listening and positive communication
- Controlling the call and keeping it timely
- Dealing effectively & politely with challenging callers
- Taking the message
You will also gain practical experience of some of the challenges of handdling phone conversations and ways to handle them through activities, build upon your skills and eliminate unwanted behaviour.
At the end of the programme participants will:
- Be aware of the importance of the initial phone contact and how this can impact on the expectations / responses of the caller
- Use the telephone in a positive and professional manner at all times having regard to the needs and expectations of the caller
- Recognise and identify your own skills when dealing with callers and draw together an action plan for your organisation to deal with aggressive calls effectively. [Back]