Equality and Diversity Training Course
This course is ideal for you if:
You need to raise awareness of equality and diversity and you’d like your staff to take a proactive approach with clients and with each other.
You want to explore how prejudice develops and how we are unwittingly influenced by latent prejudices.
You need your team to be aware of discriminatory practice, want them to be sensitive to the needs of clients or service users and want them to gain knowledge on how to promote equality and recognise the value of diversity.
Delivered over one day or as part of a series of incremental programmes you will:
- Learn about the evolution of the legislation, how the 2010 Equality Act came about and its effect on our work, our communities and society today.
- Hear about the nine protected characteristics and consider the intention of the legislation – what it is designed to do.
- Consider the definition of Equality and Diversity and explore the concept of difference and what it brings to individuals and the workplace.
- Look at what prejudice is, where it comes from, identify your prejudices and how they impact on you.
- Be encouraged to think about how we communicate and consider how prejudice presents itself.
- Using the transactional analysis theories of Franklin Ernst you will be encouraged to reflect on what you bring to the transaction [the OK Corral].
- Consider the impact on the service you provide and how you might do things differently.
- Look at ways of valuing the individual and treating all with dignity and respect.
So if you need to win over hearts and minds when you deliver Equality and Diversity training, give us a call now on (01623) 407793 or alternatively click here to request a call or for more information. [Back]