Includes Conflict Resolution & simple/effective Breakaway skills training
This course is ideal for you if:
You come face to face with potential hostile/aggressive service users and need to further develop your Conflict Management skills.
In just one day (6 core hours) you will learn How to:
- Carry out Dynamic risk Assessments
- Recognise the early Warning – Danger signs which precede an attack
- Understand the terminology used in Personal Safety & Conflict Resolutio
- Understand the relevant legislation that applies to businesses and their employees
- Understand the concepts of a safe working environment
- Implement conflict reduction strategies
- Use appropriate methods to defuse a confrontational situation
- Apply simple but safe/effective Breakaway Skills as a last result if all else fails
This course is designed for public and private sector employees who want their staff to obtain a thorough grounding in the principles of personal safety and conflict resolution . The course is competency-based and follows a syllabus set by the Chartered Institute of Environmental Health (CIEH). Brooks Jordan delivers this course over a single day, concluding with a multiple choice assessment questionnaire. Students that achieve the required pass rate will be awarded a Level 2 vocational qualification certificate that is issued by the CIEH and accredited through the Qualifications and Curriculum Authority.